The Astronomer
“You will all die screaming.”
Back to Character List

The Astronomer (Robert)

Created by: Lewis Shiner

Diminutive, bespectacled Ace of advanced years with a mole-like appearance, usually confined to a wheelchair when his energy levels are low. But don’t let that fool you. This guy’s a major league badass in the Wild Cards universe with abilities that match Fortunato’s – thus making him one of the most powerful sentient beings around. Whereas most of us only use 10% of our brains, this guy can access the other 90% of his, and then destroy yours for kicks – and will, given the chance.

Leader of the Egyptian Masons and capable of astral projection, telekinesis, telepathy, partial or total mindwipes, and precognition. Can also induce blind spots to avoid detection. Oh, and he recharges his batteries through human torture and sacrifice.

Positive qualities – Absolutely none whatsoever – totally evil in every way imaginable.
Negative character traits – Sociopath, sadist, megolamaniac, manipulative, pathological liar, vindictive, petty, humourless (despite annoying giggle).
In a nutshell – Every kind of wrong.

The Astronomer appeared in: